So what exactly is the Segment Series? A Manitoba unique trail challenge created to encourage outdoor activity! Our province has extremely diverse terrain, with lush woodlands and pristine Blue Lakes of The Ducks, desert-like oasis in Spruce Woods, to the extremely rugged Canadian Shield in the Whiteshell. Our outdoor spaces have WAY more to offer than most people know!
For the series we have recommended 20 trails across the province (many new for 2024 with a few old favorites!), that capture the diverse outdoor experience Manitoba has to offer. Whats the goal? To have participants complete at least 10 trails over 5 months from May 1 until Sept. 30. The trails must be complete on foot, either hiking or trail running, at whatever pace you so desire! All participants that complete at least 10 trails will have a finisher patch mailed to them.
The goal of the segment series is to get people outdoors and active in nature, in a goal-oriented way. There is a substantial amount of evidence in regards to the positive effects of physical activity in nature, and our goal is tap into that while promoting tourism within our home province!
For those looking to go fast, we have created Strava Segments on the trails, so you can see where you rank among others that have completed the trails. This gives you the chance to be crowned as the King or Queen of the Mountain!
Date: May 1 until Sept. 30, 2024
Goal: Complete AT LEAST TEN trails in Manitoba
Location: Various amazing trails across the province!
Early Bird Entry Fee:
-$65.00 plus tax
Regular Entry Fee:
-$70.00 plus tax
-Awesome custom trail socks
-Segment Series Adventure Guide Book
-Trails of 'Toba decal
-Finisher Patch for collecting points by completing trails and other trail related activities!
-Access to private Facebook Group to connect with the Segment Series Trail Community (group hikes, car pooling, trail condition updates, etc.)
-A chance to top the Strava leader-board if going for a KOM/QOM.
The Segment Series works like this:
1. Read the Rules and Regulations, register for the event!
2. Review the Trail Resource Guide.
3. Download the free Strava app https://www.strava.com/ and join the Trails of "Toba Strava club and private Facebook Group. Strava is not require but our preferred GPS recording device, and we have created routes for all the trails which you can upload onto your phone/watch for navigation purposes if wanted.
4. Check out "The Trails" on our webpage and plan your adventure, GPS routes have been created to use as a guide (make sure you open the route while you have cell service) or download the GPX and upload to your watch, Garmin etc. Links to the trailheads have also been included.
5. Between May 1 and Sept. 30 tackle as many of the trails as you can! Once you have completed ten trails, email us at email@example.com with links to your Strava data for verification!