So what exactly is the Segment Series? A Manitoba unique trail challenge created to encourage getting outdoors and active! Our province has extremely diverse terrain, with lush woodlands and pristine Blue Lakes of The Ducks, desert-like oasis in Spruce Woods, to the extremely rugged Canadian Shield in the Whiteshell. Our outdoor spaces have WAY more to offer than most people know!
For the series we have recommended 20 trails across the province, that capture the diverse outdoor experience Manitoba has to offer. Whats the goal? To have participants complete at least 10 trails over 5 months from May 1 until Sept. 30. The trails must be complete on foot, either hiking or trail running, at whatever pace you so desire! All participants that complete at least 10 trails will have a finisher patch mailed to them. For every trail completed, participants will also be entered into a draw to win other swag and prizes when the series is complete.
For the competitive trail runners out there, we have created the Segment Series Trail Championship, a collection of three specific trails from the list of twenty. The three trails are selected so one must be a well-rounder trail runner to excel; fast and flat, technical footwork and elevation. The three lowest combined overall Male and Female times are considered the trail champions and we had absolutely AMAZING custom trophies created by local ultrarunner Gordon Sokolosky for the top 3! We have created Strava Segments on all of the trails for those that want to go KOM/QOM hunting as well.
Date: May 1 until Sept. 30, 2022
Goal: Complete AT LEAST TEN trails in Manitoba
Location: Various amazing trails across the province!
Early Bird Entry Fee:
-$72.80 plus service fee
Regular Entry Fee:
-$84.00 plus service fee
-Awesome custom Merino Wool trail socks
-Segment Series Adventure Guide Book
-Trails of 'Toba Decal
-Finisher Patch for completion of at least 10 trails
-Access to private Facebook Group to connect with the Segment Series Trail Community (group hikes, car pooling, trail condition updates, etc.)
-Chance to be a segment series champion (and collect some sweet hardware!)
-And Prizes from our amazing sponsors!
Registration is set to close on Friday March 18th, so don't delay! Link below to register.
The Segment Series works like this:
1. Read the Rules and Regulations, register for the event!
2. Review the Trail Resource Guide.
4. Check out "The Trails" on our webpage and plan your adventure, GPS routes have been created to use as a guide (make sure you open the route while you have cell service) or download the GPX and upload to your watch, Garmin etc. Links to the trailheads have also been included.
5. Between May 1 and Sept. 30 tackle as many of the trails as you can! Once you have completed ten trails, email us at email@example.com with links to your Strava data for verification! If you completed the Segment Series Trail Championships, report your times online at: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=81698
6. By finishing trails you collect points towards some sweet outdoor prizes!